Fire permits are required for all fires on Public Conservation Land other than for an approved campground fire or a fire lit for cooking or warmth. Apply for fire permit (external link)

You may live in a Northland Regional Council Air Quality area. This means you may breach their regulations if you have a fire, even if you have a Fire and Emergency fire permit. Please refer to their website (external link)  or call 0800 002 004.

Northern Fire and Emergency 
09 401 0723 
Please note that phones are monitored from 9am to 4pm weekdays.