Ashburton Coastal


Notice is given under Section 56 (1) ( b) of the Fire and Emergency New Zealand Act 2017  that an Open Fire Season is declared from midnight FRIDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2018 in the following area until revoked or amended by Fire & Emergency New Zealand EAST of a line from Rakaia River up Hutt Stream and along the ridge to Mount Hutt thence a line to Mount Alford to Mount Somers to Mount Barrosa and the Rangitata River.

Under Environment Canterbury's Canterbury Air Regional Plan, if your property is 2+ hectares, you can burn outdoors if conditions are met. You must also check hill and high country burning conditions in Environment Canterbury's Land and Water Regional Plan. 

Stubble or crop residue burns do not need a permit as long as they conform to the required conditions of the Agricultural Crop Residue Burning Code of Practice.

For resource consents, Smoke Management Plans and general information about ECans rules, call  Environment Canterbury on 0800 324 636 or visit their website (external link)

For General Enquiries:

 Fire and Emergency NZ

Mid-South Canterbury Rural

Cnr Woollcombe/Latter Streets Timaru

Phone 6841222